Referral Campaign Best Practices
For best results in using Hireology referrals and campaigns, we recommend the following best practices:
Schedule monthly custom campaigns: Thinking ahead and investing time to build campaigns keeps you ahead of the curve and allows referrals to come in at a steady, manageable flow. These campaigns also keeps your program top of mind with internal teams.
- Onboarding Campaigns: We recommend scheduling these on day 1, 30, 90 and 1 year.
- Alternate between Text Message and Email campaigns: Keep your employee base engaged by reaching out with referral campaigns via rotating avenues. However, continue to keep messaging consistent to avoid confusion.
- Offer a clear call to action: Be specific when asking employees to refer someone in their network. For example: "Looking for extra cash for the holidays?" or "Know a college student home for the summer and looking for extra cash". These specific, timely asks will resonate more with current employees.
- Keep is short and sweet: Messages do not have to be overly detailed or “wordy.” A short message is effective.
- Timing is critical: We have found that Monday is the best day to send campaigns & earlier in the day (9am) is the best time.
- Target difficult roles: Highlight hard to fill roles by including a "job list" in your campaign.
- Encourage employee to share personal links: “Include Share Links” option will allow employees to share out their personal links to social networks like Facebook and LinkedIn to drive more referrals.