Hireology’s full integration with Indeed Sponsored Jobs enables jobs to be sponsored from the Hireology platform while maintaining the flexibility and analytics offered by Indeed. When job seekers apply, they are automatically added to the job in Hireology and can be moved through the hiring process via Hireology.
In this article we will cover:
- When to Sponsor Through Hireology vs Directly Through Indeed
- Disabling Automatic Refresh for Jobs Sponsored on Indeed
- Requirements for Sponsorship
- Ordering a Sponsorship Campaign
- Managing a Campaign
- Analytics and Insights
- Error Messages When Viewing Sponsorship Activity
- Related Topics
When to Sponsor Through Hireology vs Directly Through Indeed
If you already have a campaign strategy set up with Indeed, you may be asking if using the Sponsored Jobs Integration is right for you. In the table below, we’ve outlined the best option for common campaign strategies. If you’re still not sure, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a recommendation based on your needs. In addition, your Indeed representative can provide guidance to ensure that your listing stays competitive and gets the best results possible.
|Direct with Indeed
Single job sponsorship
|Sponsor ASAP, without leaving Hireology
|Reoccurring sponsorship for evergreen roles*
|Bulk sponsorship for 10 or more jobs at once
|Multi-job campaigns or strategic campaigns (e.g. specific roles in specific locations, tagging strategies, etc.)
*This will be available in Hireology later!
Requirements for Sponsorship
To sponsor a job, the following conditions must be met:
The job must be in Open status, it cannot be Pending.
The job must be listed with Public visibility, it cannot be Internal.
Posting to Organic Job Boards
The setting to post jobs to organic job boards must be enabled. To check this, click 'Hi' in the top, right corner and select 'Settings'. In the 'Company Profile' tab, make sure the box is checked in the 'Job Board Settings' section.
Ordering a Sponsorship Campaign
If you are creating a new job, follow the steps to open a job. You will be able to sponsor the job 24 hours after creating. To sponsor a job that has been open for at least 24 hours, head to the Jobs page and click on the job title.
Important Note: At this time, only the user who creates the campaign will be able to view it in Hireology. To learn more, continue to the Error Messages section.
Click the 'Sponsorships' button and select 'Sponsor this Job'.
Next, check the box to select the Indeed sponsorship option, then click 'Continue'.
Enter your Indeed Employer account email address (Note: This email address may be different from your Hireology account.)
Follow the prompts to sign in or sign up for an Indeed Employer account.
After signing in, you may have the option to select which employer account you want to use. The account you choose will be where the sponsored campaigns are created and billed.
Please note: You must either be the Indeed account owner or have Admin capabilities for the Indeed account in which you wish to create sponsored campaigns. If you do not have this set up, please contact your Indeed representative or complete this form for assistance.
Select a campaign schedule by choosing a start and end date, then clicking 'Apply'.
Once you've selected your campaign duration, Indeed suggests a recommended budget based on the performance of similar jobs in the area. You can click the button to accept the recommended budget, or manually input the maximum amount you would like to spend on the campaign. The Performance Estimate offers a prediction of results based on budget, similar jobs, and campaign duration. Please note, that this estimate does not guarantee performance.
Click 'Sponsor on Indeed'.
Once the order is placed, you will be billed directly through Indeed. The campaign will begin on the designated time period selected. A confirmation screen will appear and you will be directed to the active sponsorship page to manage or edit.
Managing a Campaign
To edit or stop a campaign, click on the job title from the Jobs page. Next, click the 'Sponsorships' button and select 'View Sponsorship Activity'.
Important Note: At this time, only the user who created the campaign will be able to view sponsorship activity in Hireology. To learn more, continue to the Error Messages section.
Next, click the 'Manage' dropdown menu and select the option you'd like.
You will be able to edit the details below for a campaign and will see your changes reflected in the Performance Estimator.
- Time period
- Campaign spending limit
To stop a campaign, click 'Stop campaign', then click 'Confirm'. Important Note: Once the campaign is stopped it can not be restarted.
Analytics and Insights
To view a campaign’s performance on Indeed, click ‘View Indeed Analytics’ to open Indeed’s analytics dashboard.
Within Hireology Insights, you can view the duration and remaining budget for a campaign, as well as the number of applicants, candidates, and hires.
To view Indeed Insights within Hireology, select "Insights"
Select "Applicant Sourcing" and scroll to the bottom of the page to review Indeed data.
Analyze performance data of Indeed Sponsored Jobs and track key metrics – like the number of applicants and spend – to confidently measure the effectiveness of your recruitment efforts and plan future campaigns
- View performance and access insight data at a glance, including the number of views, clicks, total applicants, candidate and hires
- Effortlessly export the ROI of your campaigns and share progress with your broader organization
- Easily access Indeed Analytics for a deeper analysis to optimize your recruitment strategy
Error Messages When Viewing Sponsorship Activity
There are some common error messages users may experience related to Indeed sponsorship campaigns.
Only the user who created the sponsorship campaign will be able to see details related to the campaign on the View Sponsorship Activity page. Other users will see a message that there was an issue when trying to view this page. We plan to adjust this behavior to allow other users to view campaign details, as well.
Users will only be able to see active campaigns. Once the selected time frame for sponsorship has ended, users will see a message that the job is not sponsored on Indeed. We are working to enable past campaigns to be viewed in Hireology.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can the integration sponsor more than one job in a campaign or set up monthly recurring budgets?
- No, but we are planning to add recurring budgets as an enhancement to the integration at a later time.
Can I use Indeed’s Pay-Per-Applicaton (PPA) budget model?
- No, the Sponsored Jobs Integration uses a Pay-Per-Started-Application (PPSA) budget model that all Indeed campaigns use when sponsoring jobs from a career site.
What happens if I create a sponsored campaign through the integration and it has been less than the recommended 24 hours?
- You can still go through all the steps of creating a campaign, but the campaign will exist on Indeed with 0 jobs. Once Indeed receives your job, it will automatically go into the campaign and start spending.
Why do I have to turn off auto-refresh for jobs I’m sponsoring?
- If you are sponsoring a job on Indeed with the auto-refresh option on, your job will fall out of the campaign once the job refreshes, disrupting your sponsorship strategy. Turning this feature off will ensure that your job will keep premium placement in Indeed search results for the entire duration of your campaign.
I edited the job in Indeed directly and am no longer seeing applicants flow into Hireology, what happened?
- Editing a role in Indeed, that was first posted in Hireology, will break the connection to the Hireology job. Thus, any changes on the Hireology job (including auto refresh) won't take effect and applicants will no longer be delivered to that job in Hireology. Roles that originate from Hireology and are posted to Indeed, organically or with a sponsorship campaign, should only be edited within Hireology.
I have a question about my campaign performance/setup/Indeed account. Who should I contact?
- Contact Indeed support using this form and an Indeed representative will be in contact with you within 24-48 business hours.
I'm getting an error that "No suitable employer account was found" from Indeed when trying to enable the integration. What's going on?
- To enable the integration, you must either be the Indeed account owner or have Admin capabilities for the Indeed account in which you wish to create sponsored campaigns. If you do not have this set up, please contact your Indeed representative or complete this form for assistance.