Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website and mobile app traffic & events. You can add your Google Tag Manager ID or Google Analytics 4 ID to track applicant activity and conversion within your Hireology account.
In this article we will cover:
- Creating a Google Analytics Account
- Supported Google Tag ID Format
- Finding Your Google Tag Manager (GTM) or Google Analytics 4 (GA4) ID
- Adding Your Google Tag ID to Hireology
- Related Topics
Creating a Google Analytics Account
If your company does not currently use Google Analytics, you can follow this guide to create an analytics account.
If your organization already leverages Google Analytics on your website for tracking, you may want to partner with your marketing, information technology team, or web agency to add Hireology tracking to your careers page.
Supported Google Tag ID Format
Hireology accepts Google Tag IDs with the following format:
Finding Your Google Tag Manager (GTM) or Google Analytics 4 (GA4) ID
Follow these steps to find your GTM ID:
- Log in to Google Tag Manager and click Workspace.
- Near the top of the window, find your container ID, formatted as GTM-XXXXXX.
- Copy this code.
Follow these steps to find your GA4 ID:
- Sign in to your Google Analytics account.
- Click Admin.
- At the top of the Property column, select your property.
- In the Property column, click Data Streams.
- Click the data stream.
- In the Google tag section at the bottom of the Web stream details page, click Configure tag settings.
- In the Your Google tag section on the Google tag page, copy the ID that starts with "G-" or "AW-".
Adding Your Google Tag ID to Hireology
Once you have copied your Google Tag ID, the next step is to add it to your Hireology account. To do this, click your name in the top, right corner, then click 'Settings'.
Next, click the 'Career Site' tab.
Scroll down to the Google Tracking section and paste your Google Tag ID into the field.
Click 'Save' at the bottom of the page.
Using Tag Manager to Analyze Web Traffic and Behavior
Once set up, you will begin to collect applicant traffic and events within your Google Analytics account. The links below are useful to track specific moments in the application funnel. With these URLs, you can add a tracking pixel to the page that shows when an application is submitted using the submission success URL scheme.
Key Hireology URL schemes we recommend tracking include:
Job Description and Application