After confirming the document collection process, the Qualification Documents window will update with each document step, along with new status icons to quickly show you which documents are outstanding, completed, or need manager action - like in the case of e-Verify. Here is a legend on the document collection status icons:
Orange clock: This step is still outstanding and needs to be submitted by the candidate
Green check: This step has been completed by the candidate and is ready for review
Red Exclamation: This step requires manager action
Gray “No” Symbol: This step was declined from the candidate
Cancelling Document Collection
At any time, a hiring manager can cancel document collection. This can happen if a candidate withdraws from consideration, another candidate is selected, or any other reason to pause the candidate process. If this occurs, a hiring manager can click the 'Stop Collecting Documents' button in the lower right of the 'Qualifications Documents' screen. A dialog will appear to confirm the request, with the option to log a reason to cancel collection. This allows the hiring manager to note the reason should the candidate apply to future positions.
Once confirmed, a hiring manager can click Stop to terminate the document collection process. The screen will refresh, clearing out any completed or outstanding steps, and the status will be refreshed in the upper right to 'Cancelled'. The manager always has the option to 'Restart Collecting Documents' by clicking this green action button in the middle of the 'Qualification Documents' screen.
Viewing Document History
Uploaded documents are included in the candidate’s history captured by Hireology. You can view all activity in the 'History' tab of the 'Candidate' screen. New filters on the right side of the history view will allow the user to drill down and view history for documents only, allowing managers to quickly filter through uploaded documents without seeing other candidate history.
Viewing Uploaded Documents
Once a candidate provides a qualification document, the status of this specific step will change to a green checkmark, informing the hiring manager that the step has been completed. Hiring managers can click on this step to download a PDF copy of the uploaded document to their computer for review, storage, and future use.
Mass Download Documents
Users have the ability to mass download individual employee onboarding documents in a single action. From the ‘Document Collection’ or ‘Onboarding’ pages, select the candidate you wish to ‘Mass Download’ all of the files they have uploaded throughout the onboarding process. From the ‘Documents’ tab, you will now see a new ‘Download All Files’ button near the top right of your tabs.
The following process is how we recommend users to download all documents:
- Create a file folder on the desktop or other location with the candidate or new hire’s name.
- Using the above steps, navigate to the candidate or new hire’s appropriate documents within the Hireology app.
- Click the ‘Download All Files’ button.
- The web browser may ask you where to save the files. Simply navigate to the folder created in step one. Note: Many browsers default to automatically saving files to a Downloads folder. This setting can be changed to ask where to save each time, or you can simply drag and drop the files from the Downloads folder to the appropriate candidate after they are saved.
- After confirming the download location, Hireology will download each file, one-by-one, saving them to your destination folder. Note: that this may take a few moments depending on the number of files and internet connection.
- Once downloaded, you can reference the files or compress the folder into a zip file to share with colleagues.