There are several steps you can take to ensure your job openings are seen in Google search results and get the most visibility possible from potential applicants.
Step 1: Refresh your job after a reasonable amount of time
Google will remove your job after 30 days, so we recommend doing a hard refresh regularly.
- Make sure your job has the 'Other users in my account can clone this job' is checked in the 'Other Job Details' section of the job setup
- Completely "Close" the old job (all applicants and candidates for this position can still be accessed for all closed jobs)
- Open a new job, using the template created in step one
- Ensure all the details in the job set up are accurate for the new job (zip code, description, hiring steps, etc)
- Transfer any applicants and candidates from the previous (now closed) job to the new one to have them continue with the hiring process
Step 2: Add or update your company profile in settings
Including your company website, physical address and social links in your account settings will help your job openings rank higher in Google search results.
Go to Settings and click on the ‘Company Profile’ tab to make sure your company name, website address, phone number and physical address are included.
Your Company Profile information should match the information you’ve included in your Google business listing. Use this step-by-step guide for creating a free Google My Business listing.
Research proves that including compensation information drives higher page ranking on Google for Jobs, allowing you to outrank competitors who do not share this information.
From the ‘Job Details’ page, add compensation data including the pay rate, pay period and pay frequency. This information is optional to include but highly recommended to increase job visibility in Google for Jobs search results.